Cheesy Veggie Tofu Lasagna
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
* 1 pkg. Mori-nu firm (preferable NOT low-fat) silken tofu
* about 2 cup tomato sauce
* 1/2 pkg. or so lasagna noodles
* 1 med. onion, chopped
* 1/2 cup pitted black olives
* lots of fresh spinach leaves
* 1 cup chopped mushrooms
* 1/2 tablespoon vegan sugar
* generous amounts of your favorite Italian spices
* 1/4-1/2 tablespoon salt
* nutritional yeast
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* soy parmesean (optional)
* 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
Unbox tofu, pat dry with a towel, process in blender with seasonings,
vegan sugar, lemon, and salt. Sauté onion, mushrooms, and olives.
Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the pan and place down
one layer of UNCOOKED lasagna noodles. Begin layering with more sauce
and vegetables, and top with tofu mixture and sprinkled nutritional
yeast (add optional soy parmesean here). Continue layering, making sure
sauce ALWAYS covers noodles. Cover pan with tin foil and bake at 375
degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover and cook for an additional 20 min.
Serve, and enjoy!
Experiment with different veggies as you will.
Preparation time: quite a while