Melody's Vegan Noodle Kugel
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
* 1 12-oz package wide vegan noodles (I used farfalle; broken
lasagne noodles would work as well)
* 1 15-oz package soft or silken tofu (I used Nasoya Enriched)
* 3/4 cup Sucanat (you can put in less if this turns out too sweet
for your taste)
* 15 oz. raisins, or more, or less, depending on how much you like
raisins (you can also substitute chopped peaches or some other fruit if
you have a raisin aversion)
* 3-4 tart apples, cut into small cubes (I like Granny Smiths best)
* 1/4 cup applesauce
* cinnamon to taste and for dusting
* cardamom powder to taste
* ginger powder to taste
* vanilla to taste
1. Cook noodles according to package directions and drain.
2. Using an electric mixer or blender, cream the tofu with the vegan
sugar, vanilla, and spices until smooth.
3. In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together until
everything is well coated with the tofu "batter."
4. Pour everything into a lasagne pan or other pan with high sides.
5. Bake at 425 degrees (F) for about 25 minutes or until the top is
pretty dry and nicely browned.
Preparation time: 40 minutes, including cooking time