Yummy Manicotti "Tofu style"
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
* 1 box manicotti shells or stuffing shells, cooked according to
* 2 lbs firm regular tofu
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 4 teaspoon fructose
* 2 teaspoon ea, salt, bazil, parsley flakes
* 1 teaspoon ea, onion powder, garlic powder
* 1/2 cup dry mashed potato flakes (check box for ingredients)
* 1/2 cup Almond vegan mayonnaise, if desired (acts like sour cream)
* 10 oz box frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, squeezed of
Cook pasta, drain and set aside to cool.
Drain tofu for two hours in colander, squeeze as much liquid out as
possible. Mash with fork or potato masher. Mix in Almond Mayonnaise and
the remaining ingredients. Use cake decorating bag for manicotti shells
or ice cream scoop to fill large pasta stuffing shells. Top with one
large jar of your choice of pasta sauce, or homemade if you have time.
Sprinkle top with "Parmesan" Sprinkle, if desired.
This may also be used as a filling for lasagne using 9 noodles and a
large jar of pasta sauce layered in a 9x13 casserole pan.
Bake 1 hour at 350'.
Makes 4 cups of filling.
Preparation time: 1 hour