Spinach Tofu Lasagna
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
* 1 box lasagna noodles (regular or whole wheat)
* 1 package of tofu (preferably silken type)
* 1 bottle spagetti or pasta sauce (plain or seasoned; I like ones
with garlic and mushrooms)
* 1 pkg. frozen spinach or large bunch of fresh spinach
* seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic powder, cajun seasoning, herbs,
or anything that complements the sauce) - you have to judget the amount
* 1 small can of tomato sauce
Preparation time: ~75 mins.
Boil lasagna noodles - follow directions on package. Defrost or cook
frozen spinach, or blanch fresh spinach. Crumble tofu in bowl with
In flat casserole dish, start building layers: noodles, seasoned tofu,
spagetti/pasta sauce, spinach, etc. until all used up. End with layer
of noodles. Pour tomato sauce over top and bake in 350 over for about
45 minutes or until top looks done. Eat.
P.S. there is lots of room for change in this recipe, depending on the
taste you want to achieve.
Nutrition Information: low fat, especially if you don't use cheese.